Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Care package info

For people interested in sending a care package or a letter, here is my address in Russian, though I’m not sure if your computer will support the text.

Алан Гоуч
Петровского, 7
Беловодск
92800
Луганская Область
Украина

If this works, you can either copy by hand or print out a label or something by copying and pasting the text into a word document.

For backup, here is my address in English

Alan Gough
Petrovsky, 7
Belovodsk
92800
Lugansk Oblast
Ukraine

My parents tried to send a package via UPS and customs were a big problem. There is a Ukrainian run company called MEEST that has offices all across the States and I believe there website is meest.net. This company has received the best reviews from PCVs here in Ukraine for the quality of care and inexpensiveness (and sending food isn’t a problem unlike UPS). If there isn’t an office near you I believe you can send a package to them and they will forward it. You can contact them to know exactly what and how much to send, how much it will cost, and how long it will take.

As far as letters go, they will arrive here in about a month and I believe you only need a ninety cent stamp.

Ps. Most people know me as Alan since Keith has several problems translating into the Cyrillic alphabet as well as Russian and Ukrainian vocab.

If the text does not show up, email me.

No comments: